Monday, July 30, 2007

Random rant on taxis and NRMA

I was going to write about something exciting, but I have suddenly forgotten it 10 seconds ago. In other news, until I remember what exciting news I had to tell, I had wanted to blab on a little about taxi drivers in Australia.

I must say, I have probably been in an Australian taxi, in a total of probably 3 times in the past 5 years, and 2 of those times being the last 7 days. Mum decided to reverse the car into someone behind her by accident, so I had to go drop it off at NRMA and then pick it up again which NRMA paid for my 2 taxi rides (else I probably would never take a taxi). Now, this isn't meant to be a bitching session, I had imagined that taxi drivers were crazy drivers, weaving in and out of traffic, over taking everyone, accelerating and stopping really suddenly. But oh how wrong I was! I must say, you taxi drivers out there are probably the most patient drivers I have been in a car with. Only in a taxi have I followed a huge truck down a 70 road driving at 50-60 without seeing any form of impatience from the driver.

--------

As for a totally different topic, I picked up the car today from NRMA (thank you for being so easy to deal with), and I haven't been in my car for a week or two. I'm not a big fan of cruises so I'm not particularly missing driving all that much. I do, however, miss driving over this fabulous hill (it's actually more of an imperfection in the road, a little bump on the side of a road). Tung is probably the only one who knows about my childish love for driving over this little hill/bump thing, I could be in the worst mood, but this little bump in the road can always put a smile on my face (yes, I'm smiling just thinking about it). It's like a little tiny roller coaster or something, where you accelerate when you get closer to it, then take the foot off the pedal at the peak of the little hill, and go down and just feel a little thrill.

Okay, maybe I'm the only idiot out there who finds so much thrill and fun going over a little hill in my road, but I just thought I'd blog about it because I love it so much and it deserves to be known to other people. I'm sure you all have something of your own that you get thrills out of that other people may think you're weird for doing.

I still can't figure out what exciting news I was going to share, it probably wasn't exciting anyway...
________

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Taxi drivers HAVE to be patient for the (mostly) crap customers they have to put up with everyday - not to mention all the drunken loons in the early hours of the morning. I quite respect them actually. I think I've been in a taxi a total of 3 times in my life lol. What's wrong with your car?

And you're not the only 'strange' one with their little moment of joy/thrill every now and then. It's what makes life that much sweeter =)

July 30, 2007 at 9:52 PM

 
Blogger tianna said...

i think hollywood influences us way too much, coz reality really doesn't live up to the blockbuster level! haha. i reckon taxi drivers aren't as speedy as you think they are because they want more money from you! don't they use the meter system where the longer you take, the more they get? simple motive. :D

ren, you feel a thrill with a small hill-climb? haha that sounds cute but yes, very childish. :P but then again, i get thrills over very silly things too so i shouldn't talk. hahaha.

any news is news! if you have things to say then just spill! :D

August 3, 2007 at 1:49 AM

 
Blogger Raye said...

heh a family friend who drives a taxi told us that it is better to actually not waste money driving slowly, it's best to drop off the client, then pick up another. but who knows. i guess i'm too used to chinese taxi drivers, who are all crazy. i've probably been in more taxis in china in a month, than in my entire life in australia

August 3, 2007 at 10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home