Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cityrail Havoc MKII....and my first Bridge Walk!

As the SMH reports, Cityrail services between Wynyard and Gordon were halted today after a section of roofing from a train carriage was blown off while travelling across the Harbour Bridge. The flying debris brought down power lines, causing rail delays.

This is not the first time that rail services have been cancelled on the north shore line, preventing commuters from crossing the harbour by rail. An earlier incident occurred a few months ago, creating huge delays as people had to wait for buses to replace trains.

I was at work in North Sydney today, and rather than join the crowd/mob of people (stretching around halfway down a city block) waiting for a train, a few workmates and I decided to go for a walk across the bridge. How exciting...it was the first time I'd walk across the harbour bridge.
We bypassed North Sydney station as well as Milson's point, taking only 30mins or so to walk from my building to Wynyard. I bet those poor souls waiting for buses at North Sydney were still standing in the cold by the time I was on a train.


_________

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I heard about that, I was heading into North Sydney that night about 8.30PM to go to a bar there, and it was dead. Apparently we were one of the first train loads to come in again because trains were that screwed up!

CityRail sucks.

July 6, 2007 at 11:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

November 11, 2008 at 12:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home