Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Record Shootings

Let's all stand in silence for a minute for the brave man who got shot and died in Melbourne for trying to help a woman who was being harassed by a man. (Read here if you don't know what I'm on about).

I was reading mX (my trusty source of "accurate" information) about this shooting, and mX reckons it was the worst shooting in the last 5 years in Australia. Compared to the Virginia Tech in the US, where there were "at least 33 dead", I guess US needs to rethink their gun rule a little more seriously.

Yes, arguably, Australia has had its own really bad shootings with the mass shootings of 35 people by Martin Bryant, before "better" gun laws were put into place.

I was talking to mum about this yesterday, and I guess it's sad, but she's right when she says that American government would never change the laws on guns as it would just anger the entire gun industry, and make some big money players very angry. And there are just too many people out there who support having guns. I guess that means, no living in America for me for sure now.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sydney and Melbourne are in shambles at the moment with the shootings, stabbings, weather and whatnot. It's all going insane.

I love mX.. Haha but it's a liar! What ever happened to last nights extremely devestating storm forecast!

June 20, 2007 at 5:49 PM

 
Blogger Nam said...

So many sucky things happening nowadays, huh. Actually, I'm not too sure if stuff like this happened before because when I was a kid, I was oblivious to just about everything.

Not to worry, mX has that 'nice one' or 'what the' sections. The weirdness distracts me from all the suckiness.

June 20, 2007 at 11:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home