Friday, June 29, 2007

Transformers & FFX

Tung and I went to watch Transformers on Thursday night at Parramatta with the "guys" and I know Tung agrees with me that the movie WAS SO AWESOME! Not going to include any spoilers, but to any person interested in robots/cool graphics/3D animation or is a little bit of a geek at heart (if not a lot), then this is definitely something to watch! Barely a minute where the movie is not action packed, and barely a scene/scenario where something challenges the protagonists. Very awesome movie, been a while since I watched a good movie. 10/10!

Since we're on the topic of 3D animation and all stuff geeky - I've started FFX for PS2 the other day since David lent me his PS2. I so need to get a tv tuner and hook it up to my computer, the damn TV is killing my eyes, it's all fuzzy and very hard to see. I quite like the concept of no levels, but leveling your s.lvls and gaining skills and stats that way, it was confusing at first, but definitely very fun later on. I hate blitzball, I don't get it, someone explain it to me. I hope it's not necessary, cause I don't get it and I don't want to play it anymore.

I am a little disappointed at the lack of cool FMVs, after FF8 and FF9, the graphics of FFX was meant to be so much better, and so I expected a lot more cool FMVs and if sparce, at least longer ones. And the lack of save spots! Took me probably 16 hours of game play before I found a decent spot to do some training near a save spot and inn.

On the other hand, FFX has a very nice character development and story going on, which is keeping me on playing, Rikku turned out to be a lot less annoying that what I had previously experienced, and Yuna needs to toughen up a bit. I think I prefered Rinoa's fiesty attitude better in FF8.
___________

6 Comments:

Blogger Nam said...

So many people say that the transformers movie is so awesome. I want to see it now.

June 30, 2007 at 2:29 AM

 
Blogger tianna said...

i've been hearing good things about the transformers movie too! every second contact on my msn list has "TRANSFORMERS ROCKED" or something close to that on their nicks. maybe i should give it a go soon. :]

i saw some screencaps for ffx and fell in love with the characters! and there's a ffx-2! do you have that too? i've only played ff8, the pc version, though i haven't bothered to finish it.

just curious. when you play those rpg games do you play them just like that or do you consult FAQs first?

June 30, 2007 at 12:58 PM

 
Blogger The Wanderer said...

you are not the only person that hates blitzball. its like underwater soccer except the rules were written up by someone on acid. maybe i just suck at it.

the al bhed desert is a good place to level up.

June 30, 2007 at 3:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transformers, I watched it on Saturday at George St. Just inside the entrance, I saw a group of geeks taking group photos with transformers action figures in their hands. (we thought it was a high school reunion, but I think it must be some club outing)

Not 10/10 for me, but I was impressed by the graphics and humour. Absolutely realistic, and unexpectingly funny. There must be many fan boys on the day, because I have never been to a movie where it is greeted by cheers and applauses both at the start and the credit.

I didn't quite like the new design for the autobots. They all look pretty much the same in the new design. They chose the most unlikely types for hackers.

July 4, 2007 at 7:02 PM

 
Blogger Tung said...

Good point about the robot designs. Although they do look cool, I'm too used to seeing the blocky japanese style robots. These new weird things look awkward.

I'd prefer an older-style transformer toy than the new ones. Retro-ness increases the cool factor.

July 5, 2007 at 8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never a Transformers kid, I was always PowerRangers, but my 21 year old sister was so pumped for Transformers and said it was the best movie she's seen in a long time. Haha, I think I'm gonna have to see it soon.

July 6, 2007 at 11:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home